on thursday i drove into town for soccer, but robin was the only other person who showed up. we had an "end of our friendship talk": "thanks for coming over and crafting...," "i wish we had gotten around to...," etc. he was a little mad that i didn't say goodbye to him last tuesday at trivia, but here's a newsflash: i never say goodbye. i make it a point to slip out of places before i have to say goodbye. in guyana, everyone was waiting around at rockview lodge for my plane to come in, but they had to go back to bina hill for lunch. i hoped super hard that my plane would come before they got back. isn't that terrible? thankfully, that's what happened, and i managed to avoid the hassle of goodbyes. i hate introductions; why would i like goodbyes any more? anyways, we say we are going to be friends when he is in red deer and i am in edmonton, but are we really? answer: probably. probably more than i am friends with people in my own city. mostly because we are both pretty good about e-mailing/calling/snail mailing.
i have had, like, 3 panic attacks this week. i will write more about the most recent one later (the first two were about having my room broken into).
13 years ago

2 comments:
I absolutely hate saying goodbye.
I also hate meeting people. Saying, "It was nice to meet you" is the worst, but I always say it because it is what's expected and it takes away my anxiety about what to say after i meet someone.
I'm rambling. That's a sign I really hate meetings/goodbyes.
that's why i say i like friendship through osmosis best. i like having friends. i just don't really like the process of developing friends, unless it involves super awkwardness or craftness. or mix tape-ness.
Post a Comment