Thursday, August 3, 2006

far, far away

i know blogs are lame, but i also know that spying on people over the internet without them knowing about it is awesome, so here is my online journal.

two weeks ago, i was planning on going to tofino for all of september, and then hoping for the best in terms of employment after that trip was finished. but last monday, i got a call from an agency i had sent an application to, and they said that someone who had been hired had dropped out, and there was a spot open. so... on monday, i found out about the position, tuesday morning i had the interview, and kind of assumed i hadn't gotten the position when i didn't get a call for a second interview by wednesday night (this was all happening super fast). then on thursday, when i was getting my car fixed in high prairie, the girl called me and offered me the position. so...

i am going to guyana, south america for 7 months!

my flight leaves in early september, and training is in calgary from mid-august until the end of the month.

here are a few links, if y'wanna know what i'll be doing:

the program i am working for:
http://ghostriverrediscovery.com/ypi.htm

http://ghostriverrediscovery.com/ypi_country.htm#guyana

map/info of guyana (i'll be in annai, guyana):
http://www.guyana.org/guymap.html

picture of where i'll be living:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethantate/202788649/

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caylie G. What have you gotten yourself into... I wish you all the luck.. I hope you still stop by Harvestmoon to say Whaaaaatttsssuuppppp... haha so lame and old, just had a hankering to use the Whats up thing.. I use the word hankering lately.. its very good.
Well if you got time we should say howdie doodie in Etown before you leave..
From Eric Seinen... the long lost friend

Anonymous said...

Wow...i know we talk frequently but i also know that secretly spying on people is CREEPY so i will tell you that i am telling you that i am spying...Your trip sounds AMAZING and you are definitely the perfest gal for the job...I love you and you better keep in touch with me. MUAH! court

Anonymous said...

minus one "tell you" and sub *perfect for perfest??

Sorry i was writing quickly
court

Anonymous said...

Caylie that's awesome Congrats! Definately keep me posted as to how things are working out. All the best!

Coach

Anonymous said...

Caylie!

I can't believe this! I'm so insanely jealous and irrationally angry with you for such a great opportunity! And now I'm using excessive exclamation marks!!!!! This is truly amazing, and it sounds perfect for you, and even though I'm not doing being insanely jealous and irrationally angry, I am so excited for you. When do you leave for Calgary?? You're probably loaded down busy with stuff before then, but give me a shout or an e-mail if you have a free hour to have tea or coffee or something.

bri

cayliedawn said...

i leave for calgary on august 17th, but i should be in edmonton between august 12th and 17th, unless i go home for a wee bit, but i doubt that will happen (i have to get my immunizations on the 14th, and i don't want to be driving if i'm feeling super sick).

Anonymous said...

Go have a great time. and i will be praying for you. Dylan too.
Love Joel

c. de vaginismus said...

eat a mango for me.

Anonymous said...

My oh my....
You are wonderful and smart and wonderful and wonderful. I miss you already and know that it would not be much different if you were here because I would feel the same way and still not be able to see you because of stupid work and life. I love your ability to do what your heart says and even more to know what your heart says. I hope that you enjoy your trip and stay safe and learn so much that your head feels like it will explode.
I am so lucky to have someone like you in my life, it is nice to be brought back to the important stuff you always tend to do that for me.
GOOD LUCK and take care!!!
Courtney