Wednesday, January 2, 2008

the blood that we're made of

(i stole this from my NS blog.)

I haven't posted for, like, a week or something. I'm really sorry. I started writing posts over the holidays, but I was suuuuper busy, and so writing posts about all those things is a little bit daunting. In the meantime, I'm going to skip right over to today and write about more recent happenings.

Today was a day of errands. I woke up semi-late (10:00), showered, and began my trip around the city. It included:
-Walking to Tory building, where I picked up my Anthro 474 essay from the department's main office so I could read the prof's comments and see my mark. I didn't do so well on the essay (B-), but I got an A+ on my presentation, so that helped to even the mark out a little.
-Walking to the University LRT station to catch the train to Churchill station. I worked on crocheting a green and brown mitten on the train. When I got off, I went to the Stanley A. Milner library to drop off some DVDs and get some new CDs and a book.
-Walking to Canada Place, where I dropped off my passport application. What a good day to go! The line was super short, and I should be getting my new passport in a couple of weeks. Woo!
-Walking to the bus stop across from Hotel Macdonald, where I waited for 15 minutes to catch the number 6, which took me down Whyte Ave.
-Stopping at two optical places to check out glasses (I want to get new ones this year, since it's the last year I qualify for reimbursement under my parents' insurance policy).
-Stopping at "Crankpots" to pick up the mugs I had painted a few weeks ago.
-Stopping at my insurance place to change my car insurance to just "fire and theft" - I've parked my car for the winter because I don't really need it.
-Stopping at "Vivid Print" to have some 12" x 12" prints made of a ridiculously rad photo I found last week.
-Walking to Pembina Hall to meet with my friend/academic advisor (? I'm not really sure what his title is) Matt, who is helping me get some stuff figured out regarding all the classes I want to take. It's all pretty frustrating, because I want to take a course overload (6 courses next semester) AND take a class that has a time conflict with another class I am taking (but it's really not a problem, because I can take the class in a different section at a different time on that day), but the computers won't let me or Matt or the lady in the CSL department do anything about it.
-Picking up an M&Ms brownie from "Cookies By George" in HUB
-Being sent by Matt to the CSL office, where the lady apparently couldn't sign the slip that I needed her to sign. Apparently she is going to see what she can do tomorrow and get back to me then. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Either that, or just start showing up in the class I want to attend but have not been able to register in.
-Going home to have vanilla earl grey tea and watch "My Name is Earl" episodes on my computer while crocheting and knitting.
-Walking to Steeps on Whyte (which is only about 5 blocks from my house) to see if my new friend Jessica was working. When we hung out on Sunday, she told me that she works every Wednesday until about 4:00, and then just hangs around there until 8:00, when she hosts an open mic night. Anyways, it turned out that she hadn't worked that day, so I walked to Safeway to buy some groceries, and text messaged her on the way, saying that I had gone to see her and that she wasn't there and that I wanted to hang out. I got a message from her about half an hour later, saying that even though she hadn't worked that day, she was on the bus at 4:00 on her way to Steeps, just in case I had decided to come there. Awesome!!! We didn't end up hanging out, but I think I might go to her house on Friday for a potluck, and I think we might both go see Illfit Outfit on Saturday. I am excited about our new friendship. She is sooo rad. Plus, we have the exact same favorite book: "I Heard the Owl Call My Name." She even has a TATTOO of the owl image that is on the inside of all the books. Wow. This friendship is sooo meant to be.
-Walking home from Safeway, I passively stalked my celebrity crush - the one I had served hot chocolate to at the Legislature a few weeks ago. When I say "passively stalked," I mean that I looked through the window of the coffee shop where I know he works (information I found out purely by accident, when a friend and I were talking about how dreamy he is and she mentioned where he works), which is, conveniently, half a block away from my house and conveniently en route from Safeway to home, and saw that he was working. Sigh. What a dreamboat. Every girl I know has a celebrity crush on him.
-Calling my friend Dr. E to see if she could go for blueberry crumble with me at the High Level Diner, only to find that she is sick with pneumonia. Yikes! I hope she gets better soon!
-Watching more "My Name is Earl" and eating pizza and crocheting until my sister Emily came over after work. We walked to the Wendy's/Tim Horton's on 112th to buy supper, and then came home to watch some more "My Name is Earl" and "Degrassi High." I probably sound like a total t.v. addict, but rest assured, I am really not. I think I am more of a crafting addict, and I like to have background noise when I am making things. Today, I worked on crocheting a pair of striped mittens, knitting an argyle scarf, and finishing a handful of garment tags for the mittens, bags and wallets that I make and hope to sell.
-Talking to my friend Jonathan on the phone. I don't talk on the phone very much to anyone, but we've had two really great phone conversations in the last month. It is nice to have that. When we were talking, I was multitasking (working on making the garment tags), and I said something about "A.D.D.," and he said, "Oh, I have that, for real." It's just funny because my sister did the EXACT same thing when she was talking to our friend Nathaniel last month. Yeesh. Learn some tact, girls.

Now I am blogging/drinking more tea/reading about cabling in knitting. I am such an old lady.

No comments: