(stolen from my NS blog.)
Monday was the first day back at classes. The only class I have on Mondays is Cree, so it was really nice to kind of slip back into school with a whole classroom of familiar faces (the class is a continuation from last semester). Before class, though, I went to the "Well of Health Naturopathic Clinic" on Whyte Ave. for my first appointment with a naturopathic doctor. I have this low-grade asthma and some seemingly debilitating allergies, and I haven't been happy with the medical doctors I've seen, but I've heard from a couple of friends that they've been really happy with their naturopathic doctors. It was a 90-minute session, which is the most time ANY doctor has ever spent paying attention to me. I have a follow-up appointment in three weeks, so we'll see how these prescriptions and suggestions are working out.
After class yesterday I bussed to Safeway to get some groceries, and then I came home and cooked Jamaican jerk chicken and fried rice for my sister and myself for supper. I only cook about once every four months, so this was quite an occasion. I think it turned out pretty well. I became fanatic about jerk chicken and fried rice when I lived in Guyana, but I'm not really aware of any places in Edmonton that you can buy it. Hmm. I stayed home for the rest of the night and crocheted, knitted, read, and watched Degrassi. I've been pretty sick with a cold, and yesterday was probably the worst day for it.
This morning I had my NS 211 class at 9:30. To be honest, I was kind of dreading the class, but now I'm really excited about it. I feel like I really get where the instructor is coming from, and I really dig his language and teaching philosophy. Plus, we don't have to write any major essays in that class, which is a BIG plus for me.
I am just at home eating lunch right now, but at noon, I have NS 390 (Community-Based Research Methods), then I have Cree at 2:00, and then Ecological Anthropology at 3:30. I'm really excited about that last one. I hope I'm not disappointed.
Apparently "Steeps" on Whyte Ave. screens films every Tuesday at 7:00. I really want to go tonight to watch "The End of Suburbia," but I don't know if I'll feel well enough to go. Maybe I'll just nap after my classes and see how I feel around 6:30.
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment