yesterday i got an e-mail from a friend, telling me about a summer job that would be right up my alley. i wrote him back, saying i appreciated the forward and the job seemed amazing, but i had already worked for the organization, dated the boss, and been told my work had been unsatisfactory. life is funny.
we went fishing today. my face is sunburned. i didn't catch any fish; i feel really yucky about catching and killing animals (i'm not a vegan, but i DO catch-and-release mosquitos i find in my mosquito net). i didn't eat any fish; i ate some trail mix and granola bars and gatorade. i liked to see how people catch fish, though, because i have never been fishing in canada. today, the boys set out big nets and then shook the bushes nearby so the fish would swim into the nets. they also shot some of the fish with a bow and arrow! the most exciting thing, though, was seeing another caimen right up close! it was less than 10 metres away from us! don't worry, mom and dad. we were in a motorboat. we slowed down to see the caimen as we passed it, but as we got closer, he sunk down under the water. then we sped away. i like seeing caimen. it is like the equivalent of seeing a bear when i am in alberta. neat and kind of scary.
13 years ago

2 comments:
I saw an croc that close while I was riding an elephant in Nepal...and I understand, it was SO exciting! But I wish there would have been bow and arrow fishing where I was. I'm jealous you saw that
hiya! well, miss, riding an elephant seems pretty neat too. how's life at king's treating you? i'm jealous of THAT - i miss school like mad.
Post a Comment