(these next couple of posts are just directly copied and pasted from my NS blog. sorry. i am tired, and you are interested in my life. i can't disappoint.)
I still plan on doing an entry on the rest of my Victoria trip, but for the time being, I'm just going to write about a few highlights/lowlights this week:
-Today, a boy in my Anthro class was wearing the EXACT same burgundy American Apparel hoodie and all-brown Chuck Taylors as me. I went over to him before class started and said, "Excuse me, but I think it's really hilarious that we are wearing the exact same outfit today." Then I awkwardly walked away. That boy and the boy next to him gave me strange looks for a few minutes afterwards. I didn't have a costume planned for today but I guess that boy and I ended up going as twins.
-I used to be friends with this one guy a long time ago, until he told me that "God [didn't] want us to be friends anymore." We haven't talked for years, but I tried to patch things up over Facebook last month. Anyways, I saw him this morning on campus and we made eye contact and I smiled and waved. He waved back, but he made this cringey kind of face - the kind that people make when they eat something yucky or something. I guess our friendship is still pretty non-existent.
-I really, really love my Cree class. Today our teacher Dorothy was dressed up as a cute little witch. Her face was painted and she had funny little black boots on. I think she is my favorite member of the entire university population. She read us a children's Halloween story in Cree, but since we are just learning and don't know many of the words, she had to act it out. It was ADORABLE!!! These are some new Cree words I learned today: "cîpay tipiskâw" (literally, "ghost night," a.k.a. "Halloween), "kostâci" (to be scared), "maskihkîsa" (candy), and apâhkwâcis (bat). Some other good Halloween words are "minôs" (cat) and ôhô (owl). I also learned today that the Native Friendship Centre has Cree lessons every Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. I might start going, if I can switch into a different ballroom dancing class (I go on Wednesdays from 6:45-8:15).
-I hung out with Kaylin today at Muddy Waters and she interviewed me about my favorite book as part of an assignment of hers. We talked about "I Heard the Owl Call My Name" and I almost cried a few times. I love that book so much.
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment