Tuesday, March 20, 2007

a broken canister, and four baby turtles!

today one of the parrots at rockview was walking around on the ground, and he reminded me of richard (the old homeless man kaylin and angie and i love). the parrot is mostly green and all pigeon-toed and cute, walking around nibbling on things. it made me think of my favorite visual memory of richard: he was walking around the shelter one night, wearing a big green trench coat stuffed with garbage (for insulation/for safekeeping). he kind of shuffles along. out of the right pocket of his coat hung a deflated blue balloon on a long green ribbon. adorable!!!


also, unrelatedly: a lot of the time when we are running ASPYR, i feel like i am splinter and my youth are the teenage mutant ninja turtles. or maybe i feel like i am april o'neil. i don't know why.

6 comments:

ms. maybe said...

I saw Richard tonight and he was wearing pants that were too big and he didn't have a belt, and needless to say, I saw more of Richard than I would have liked. I hiked up his pants for him and then he went in for a hug. I tried to dodge him, but no. He's quick for a guy with white hair.

Anonymous said...

haha. oh, richard. thanks for the story, angie.

Anonymous said...

you are so totally april. it's a dead ringer, minus the yellow jumpsuit.

i wonder how many 20ish guys have harboured fantasies involving yellow jumpsuits directly because of that cartoon?

Anonymous said...

in-deed. i certainly have harboured fantasies about bad-ass long-haired boys with attitudes wearing hockey masks, thanks to casey jones (the one in the movies. i don't know if he was ever in the cartoons). dreamboat. TMNT marathon at my house when i get back? we can skip the second one - i've never seen it, but i hear it pales in comparison to the first one and "secret of the ooze."

Anonymous said...

I'm going to adventure city which is in North Carolina. Then Ottawa. Then the moon.
Love,
Landon A. R. Coleman

bri said...

TMNT in theaters this month! haha I was giving a Ninja Turtles trivia quiz to my roommates and none of them knew April or Splinter. Imagine my relief and pleasure when it pops up on your blog today!